We know by now that lifestyle and foods determine how ageless we look and feel. As I see it, we have two choices when it comes to health and beauty. We can be ageless or old, we can make choices for healthy skin, which means a healthy body, or we can make choices to age our skin and organs faster. Here are five choices to help you be ageless at any age!
- Smoking is BAD! It constricts blood vessels which provide oxygen to your cells; skin is cells, so smoking basically “suffocates” your skin. Not to mention, the “puffing” and puckering of your lips over time leaves you with “smokers lips.”
- Dehydration is BAD. Think of a raisin and it’s clear how vital water and hydration is. What dehydrates us? Alcohol, exercise, illness and aging. Aging inhibits our bodies ability to conserve water. Alcohol causes our bodies to flush fluids. Exercise is great, just remember to hydrate!
- Lack of sleep, BAD. Sleep affects all aspects of your life and health, and skin is no exception. Our bodies repair our organs and cells as we sleep. A minimum of seven hours per night for healthier skin, and not to mention a much better attitude!
- BAD in, BAD out. We are what we eat! I envision the food I eat as my little army, taking care of my skin, my health and my attitude. When I eat crap, my “army” is slow, lazy and keeping my body from doing its job which means clogging pores and depriving healthy cell renewal.
- Exercise is BADASS! Keep the blood flowing, exercise is not only good for your bones, muscle tone, and circulation, it is a drug-free mood enhancer! It doesn’t take hours and hours, 20 minutes a day will wash your blues away.
Have that glass of wine but don’t forget to have your water. Eat those fruits and veggies, they are essential antioxidants and keep our body and skin from oxidating (just think of a sliced apple). Take a walk, swim, play tennis, just do it! And sleep, it is THE most important part of the day, sweet dreams and ageless skin!